Saturday, November 30, 2013

Ultimate Indie Festival

Finally pushed myself to start blogging since I don't quite feel like doing my assignment right now so why not be productive here 

I'm not gonna shy away from admitting that one week later, I'm still recovering from Urbanscapes. I had the most enjoyable weekend, spending good quality time with friends and even came across a few friends that I wouldn't expect them to be there, chilling on the grass, which pretty much explained how I got the rashes caused by the caterpillars hair. Was all of these worth it? I will have to say yes. Having rashes is definitely not cool but I soon realized everyone else seem to be suffering from it including my friends. So at least I'm not alone simply because we are all in this together! :D 

There's no doubt that Urbanscapes could pull off a diversity of lines up that included band gigs, performance arts, comedy and poetry. The gigantic slide at the DEFINE area was extremely amazing and I was very tempted to give it a try on the first day. Eventually I did and made my friends to wait for me for about 20mins. Slide down again on the second day. For each attempt you will be given a coupon to redeem either a Tiger Beer or a mineral water. There's also couple of art installations scattered on the field enhancing the visual aesthetic certainly became a popular photo point.

Urbanscapes 2013 was beyond incredible. The atmosphere, the music vibes, the fashion scene. In regards to the fashion scene, I love the styles of the people that wouldn't be afraid of putting on, in that sense of own individualism and value them highly. I think what you wear is a reflection of your identity in a visual appeal that you yourself find most comfortable with. Creating a style by taking the personal and individual expression, pulling what speaks to you and assembling them in a unique way.  









 


Live the adventure 
-Jason L.

No comments:

Post a Comment